The hand lowered with the palm facing outward is the gesture of bestowing blessings or of giving charity. The hand is extended downward, palm out. Mostly on standing Buddha images, but sometimes also represented in the sitting position.
- Mudra offering, giving, welcome, charity, compassion and sincerity
- It is the Mudra of the accomplishment of the wish to devote oneself to human salvation
- It is nearly always made with the left hand
- Various variant of the Varada Mudra:
- Rarely used alone, usually in combination with another mudra made with the right hand often Abhaya.